Sunday, August 14, 2011

HOMEMADE TAGLIATELLI IN BUTTER-CHEESE SAUCE 8-14


The gallery closes at 3 on Sunday and Patience won’t be home from work until near 8 PM leaving me 5 hours with nothing to do except make pasta. The last attempt was pretty pathetic and I have been anxious to redeem myself. So…I set out armed with the knowledge of our mistakes, and with that I was able to create dough of the right consistency and dryness. I used my mom’s chitarra to make a handful of linguine but the dough, which I hand rolled, was not thin enough and I turned to the pasta machine. The result was a delightful batch of tagliatelli.

THE PASTA…I used 3 large eggs to 21/3 cups of all purpose flour.


THE SAUCE…In the pasta serving bowl combine Mascarpone cheese, grated parmesan cheese (aprox. ratio of 2:1), about 1 tbsp of gorgonzola or blue cheese, 2-3 tbsp of butter, and freshly chopped basil and coarsely mix by hand.

Add the cooked pasta to the bowl and mix well…the heat of the pasta will melt the ingredients. Add pasta water if needed to maintain moisture.

COMMENTS:

Aw man….this was so F-ing good! I have nothing else to say on the matter.

1 comment:

Sue Smith said...

I love my pasta machine (although it's in storage right now); my grandmother taught me to make egg noodles by hand too ... but I love rolling out the dough on the machine; it's comforting ...