Wednesday, September 14, 2011

9-14 BROCCOLI RABE!!!

I know I can do this…concentrate real hard and control my excitement so I can write this blog post. Yesterday my dear wife returned from Nashville with a bag of Broccoli Rabe! I cannot begin to tell you how long I have waited to see this green delicacy sitting in our refrigerator, and tonight we will feast on Penne pasta with broccoli rabe, one of my absolutely favorite dishes.



INGREDIENTS:

Broccoli Rabe, aka, Rapini
Olive oil
Garlic
Penne pasta
Red pepper flakes

PROCESS:

Coarsely chop the broccoli rabe, discarding the thicker stalks. Bring a large pot of water to boil, add the broccoli rabe and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Remove, drain, and set aside.

Use the same pot of boiling water for the pasta. While the pasta is cooking heat the olive oil and cook the garlic until soft, then add the broccoli rabe and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Add the pasta to the broccoli rabe and mix well. Add some pasta water if needed, drizzle with olive oil and serve. Top with grated parmesan or romano cheese.

COMMENTS:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Life is good.

No comments: