Monday, September 26, 2011

9-26…Aglio olio crudo with croutons

After yesterday’s homemade pasta I wanted something simple and swift, and Aglio olio crudo fits the bill. I’ve posted this before on several occasions, the last time being 9-10-11. The only new twist tonight was some toasted ciabatta bread croutons.

INGREDIENTS:

Angel hair pasta
Olive oil
Fresh basil, parsley, and oregano
Butter
Lemon juice


PROCESS:

Cut the bread into crouton sized pieces and toast in pan with butter and chopped basil and oregano. Place into small bowl and drizzle with lemon juice.

Place the cooked pasta in a serving bowl along with about 1/3 cup of the pasta water. Mix in olive oil, finely chopped parsley and basil, finely chopped garlic and the croutons.

COMMENTS:

This dish never lets me down…it is simple and tasty, and after you serve this you feel like you’ve done something special.

I thought of adding some kalamata olives to the dish but was afraid they would over power all the other flavors, so I placed some in a small bowl to be cautiously added to the dish. My concerns were well founded...they easily overpowered everything else.

No comments: