Monday, September 5, 2011

HOMEMADE RAVIOLI MEDLEY…9-5

I woke up this morning knowing that I would try my hand at homemade ravioli. The question was what filling to use, and I decided to experiment with several different ones, using the ingredients on hand. The result was 3 different fillings: Shrimp-salmon, spinach, and beet green pesto. Common to all of them was ricotta cheese and parsley.

I made the fillings first, preparing all the ingredients and then having fun putting things together. Once they were done I placed them in the refrigerator until needed.




Upper left...beet green pesto with ricotta, parmesan cheese, and garlic. Upper right...salmon and shrimp finely chopped with dill lemon zest and lemon juice, and ricotta. Lower...spinach, ricotta, parmesan and parsley.

For the dough I used 3 large eggs and 2 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a dash of salt.

The sauce tonight was leftover creamy tomato sauce from a meal last week.



COMMENTS:

I liked the salmon-shrimp best and Patience's favorite was the spinach. It was a great learning experience for me and I look forward to more homemade stuffed pastas in the future. I think the fillings can be improved, and new ones explored.

No comments: