Thursday, October 13, 2011

10-13…Fettuccine with green beans, sun dried tomatoes and lemon

I opened the box of CSA veggies 2 days ago to find, among other goodies, a bag of green beans (almost as bad as Okra), and thus the challenge was laid down before me…green beans and what? Green beans and pasta has never been one of my favorites, so tonight I looked for something different. This is the result of that search.



INGREDIENTS:

Sun dried tomato fettuccini (found at Tuesday morning of all places)
Fresh green beans
Olive oil
Garlic and shallots
Red pepper flakes
Ground black pepper
Lemon juice
Bacon, coarsely chopped
Sun dried tomatoes in oil

PROCESS:

Cook the bacon, set aside, and remove the fat.

Cut or break the beans into 1-2 inch pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes in boiling water. Remove the beans and set aside. In the meantime cook the garlic and shallots with red pepper flakes and then add the beans to the pan along with fresh lemon juice and coarsely ground black pepper and cook.



When the past is almost done remove and add to the pan with the beans. Mix well, adding the bacon and more lemon juice and pasta water as needed.

COMMENTS:

I went a little heavy on the pepper so this dish had a real bite to it. This resulted in an absolute need for Ice cream immediately after finishing the pasta.

I am pleased to say that of all the ways I’ve served green beans with pasta this was the very best. It was so good that there is only a small bit left for me to give to Keyth, and I know he will enjoy it because of the heat.

No comments: