Saturday, October 15, 2011

10-15… CLAMS W FRESH TOMATOES & Angel hair pasta

For tonight’s dinner I’ve gone back to July, 2004 for a dish I served to Patience, Terrie, and myself. As soon as I saw the wonderful grape tomatoes and the farmer’s market this morning I knew what I wanted to do. With a few minor changes, this is the same dish that it was over 7 years ago. (now that is a frightening observation…the time, not the recipe.)


INGREDIENTS:

Cherry tomatoes cut in half
Whole baby clams with juice partially drained
Garlic
Celery
Fresh parsley and oregano
Anchovy fillets finely chopped
Olive oil
Sweet vermouth
Red pepper flakes

PROCESS;

Sauté garlic, red pepper flakes, finely chopped anchovies, celery, and parsley in olive oil, then add clams, fresh oregano, and the tomatoes. Cook for several minutes then add red wine. Serve over the pasta, garnished w fresh parsley.

COMMENTS:

I could have easily eaten a pound of this pasta tonight...it was sooooo good. One of the changes I made was to substitute Sweet Vermouth for the red wine, which gave it a smooth, sweet taste that I found difficult to resist.

No comments: