Friday, October 14, 2011

10-14…Seafood medley with linguine


It’s 3:30 and time to begin thinking about dinner. Actually I begin thinking about dinner as soon as I wake up in the morning…not so much about wanting to eat as about deciding what to cook. They’re not the same. Even though we had the tuna two nights ago I still have seafood on my mind, and I know that in the freezer I will find bay scallops, shrimp, orange roughy fillets, and salmon. Here’s the plan…

INGREDIENTS:

Linguine
Orange roughy cut into bite size pieces
Bay scallops
Shrimp
Anchovy paste
Bay seasoning
Garlic and onion
Fresh basil
San Marzano tomatoes
Red wine
Red Pepper flakes

PROCESS:

Cook the garlic, onions, and anchovy paste in olive oil along with the red pepper. Then add the tomatoes and basil and cook for about 10 minutes before adding the Orange roughy. Continue to simmer over low heat while waiting for the pasta water to boil. Add the scallops, and Bay seasoning to the sauce when the pasta goes into the water. About 5 minutes later add the shrimp and a couple of splashes of red wine.

PROCESS:

This dish is like an old friend; I've been making it for years and it never fails to satisfy me.

No comments: