Friday, October 7, 2011

10-7 Homemade pasta w smoked salmon & asparagus in a cream sauce

After 103 pasta dishes it is becoming increasingly difficult not to repeat some or part of previous recipes. It is probably possible not to do so, but that would require me to continually shop for different ingredients, and one of my goals with this exercise is to show the many ways pasta dishes can be prepared using primarily the everyday ingredients available to us locally. My only routine exception to this is the Imported San Marzano tomatoes I purchase online.

Tonight’s dish is almost a repeat of one I posted on the 28th of May. The ingredients are identical except for the homemade pasta , the addition of cream, and the substitution of dill for Leeks.



INGREDIENTS:

Pasta…homemade fettuccini
Olive oil, shallots, garlic, celery
Fresh dill, parsley, and basil, finely chopped
Asparagus, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
Smoked Salmon
Red pepper flakes
Butter
Lemon juice
Heavy whipping cream

PROCESS:

Saute the garlic, shallots, and celery in olive oil with some butter and herbs. Add the asparagus and lemon juice and cook while waiting for the pasta water to boil.

About 5 minutes before the pasta is ready add the cream, more butter, and the salmon and stir frequently. Add the pasta to this sauce with pasta water if needed.

COMMENTS:

I love the combination of the smoked salmon, asparagus, and cream. Of course everything was twice as good with the homemade pasta. (I’m getting better at that with each effort.)


My face freezes whenever a camera is pointed at me. Patience suggests I practice smiling in a mirror. Don't know if I can handle that.

No comments: