Monday, October 3, 2011

10-3…Spinach linguine in a cheese and butter sauce

I returned home today after a 5-day visit with family and friends in MD, NJ, and DE., and am looking forward to resuming my pasta making/cooking ways. Although I made pasta at my daughter’s house last night, with a lot of help from grandson Leif, I’m not considering that part of my “official” pasta quest.



After spending most of the day in airports and planes I’ve opted for a very simple dish tonight…pasta in a butter-cheese sauce.

INGREDIENTS:

Mascarpone cheese
Parmesan cheese
Gorgonzola cheese
Butter
Fresh spinach

PROCESS:

While the pasta is cooking mix equal amounts of mascarpone and grated Parmesan cheese in the serving bowl. Add butter and a small amount of Gorgonzola or blue cheese. Mix well and add the pasta to the bowl and mix well, adding pasta water if needed.

Patience made the astute suggestion that the pasta be served on a bed of fresh baby spinach leafs…which added to the delightful flavors of the dish.

No comments: