Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10-18 Salmon ravioli in creamy lemon asparagus sauce

Our friend Crystal from northern Illinois will be our guest tonight. So, for the sake of our guest, my wife, and myself, I’m making Salmon filled ravioli to be served in cream-asparagus-lemon-butter sauce.



THE FILLING:

Salmon fillet, coarsely chopped
Ricotta cheese
Mascarpone cheese
Fresh dill
Lemon zest

Mix all ingredients loosely in a bowl, then transfer to food processor and pulse to an almost creamy consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.

THE SAUCE:

Olive oil
Butter
Garlic
Fresh dill
Fresh lemon juice
Asparagus

Cut the asparagus into 1-1 ½ pieces and cook in olive oil w garlic and butter. Add lemon juice, fresh dill, and continue cooking for about 5 minutes. Add cream and butter and stir until slightly thickened. I needed to add a bit of roux to get the thickness I wanted. I also added a bit of mascarpone cheese.

COMMENTS:

Oh my….this was so good. You cannot go wrong with dill and lemon plus butter.

No comments: