Friday, May 11, 2012

The Sentinel

The Sentinel...acrylic...16x40

I finished the painting just before leaving on my nine day trip to Maryland, NJ, and PA.   I don't have to be here very long before appreciating what we don't have in Paducah...traffic that seems to get worse with every trip home.  It is impossible to go anywhere without battling cars racing to get to the next red light.  I know; I'm sounding like the old fart that I am, but it's true.

Traffic aside, I've completed my presentation in Philly, and I'm looking forward to spending the rest of this trip visiting daughters, grand children, cousins, friends, and a gallery in Lancaster PA where I will be showing my work next spring.  Along the way I expect I'll stumble across some pasta and wine.

I return home on the 18th, in time for the Art and Music Festival.

No comments: