Tuesday, June 7, 2011

FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND PASTA...NEW JERSEY CONNECTION

Yesterday we made our way to New Jersey for another visit with cousins. Sunday was the Rondinelli side, yesterday it was the Renzullis. It was extra special because I got to visit with Rockey, my oldest cousin who was visiting from Florida where he and Miriam retired some 20 years ago.





For those of you who have been worried about me (you are out there, aren't you?) because I've had to interrupt my pasta marathon...not to worry, cousins Joan and Miriam took good care of us. When it came to eat I discovered still another special treat...pasta with broccoli rabe, picked fresh by Angelo that very morning. Oh my...life is good





.

It was a great afternoon, catching up on family and sharing memories, but it didn't end there. Later, back in Wilmington at Obie's place, when we decided it was time for us to have a late dinner I discovered that Joan had sent the leftover broccoli rabe dish home with Obie, and once again I found myself in pasta heaven. I don't know what I did to deserve such good fortune.


1 comment:

patience-please said...

Ha! I see you were craving my hard boiled eggs!