Sunday, June 19, 2011

SUNDAY MORNING

Just as it did yesterday, this morning began with a bang…the booming of thunder accompanied by heavy rain…sometime between 4 and 5 AM. In our household this means our day starts with a struggle to convince a few pampered whippets that peeing in the rain is no big deal. Of course to them it is, and the bathroom floor is much preferable to the soggy yard. Fortunately we got through the morning without incident, and now that the sun is making an appearance all is well in this household.

Regarding the Pasta marathon…it is still going strong, and on the days when nothing is posted it means we were not dinning at home that evening, as it was last night. We will be eating at home tonight, and I hope to make this Sunday’s gravy a little special.

It’s Father’s Day, and I will keep my father front and center in my mind all day. Mostly I will remind myself of how hard he worked to see that I had the opportunities that he never had, and will pay homage to him as I do every day with a glass of red wine with lunch in one of his small juice glasses, as well as sitting down to a dish of pasta, something he dearly loved.

I have no idea where the fancy cloths came from, probably the photographer.

I love these photos. I wonder what it would be like to know our parents before they were our parents.

No comments: