Saturday, June 25, 2011

PASTA QUEST…JUNE 25


Sausage, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, arugula. June 25

Patience is working today which means we won’t be eating until at least 8 PM. This gives me plenty of time to come up with something. I have some Portabello mushrooms plus some loose sausage that should be used soon so I’m thinking…the mushrooms and sausage with a loose tomato sauce; maybe diced tomatoes with the last of the Arugula.

INGREDIENTS:

Gemelli
Sausage
Portabello mushrooms
Diced tomatoes
Olive oil
Garlic, fresh basil and oregano, and green onion
Arugula, coarsely chopped



PROCESS;

Brown the sausage, remove, and deglaze the pan with red wine. Cook garlic and onion in olive oil, add the mushrooms and cook for about 7 -10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and herbs and cook. Mix in the arugula just before the pasta is finished. Add the pasta to the pan and mix thoroughly and serve.

COMMENTS:

I realize my credibility is shot to hell…I like everything I cook! Tonight was no exception. This is a delicious, quick, and simple dish, worth all the time it doesn’t take to prepare it. You and your guests will go back for seconds and thirds!

No comments: