Monday, December 19, 2011

12-19…FETTUCCINI WITH OLIVE OIL AND BLACK PEPPER



Since I will be dining alone tonight I thought I would try a pasta dish I’ve read about repeatedly and have never had…pasta with olive oil, cheese, and black pepper. I enjoy simple, rustic dishes, and this is as simple as it can get.

INGREDIENTS:

Fettuccine
Olive oil
Black pepper corns coarsely ground
Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.

PROCESS:

Place the cooked pasta in a serving dish, drizzle with olive oil, add the cheese and pepper and mix well.

COMMENTS:

I LOVED IT, and can’t believe I have not tried this sooner. It was delicious, and the only prep was cooking the pasta.

I used the Al Dente brand I mentioned previously, and I believe this added to the quality of the dish. Homemade pasta would be great, but probably any pasta would do. I will definitely do this again…and again. The wheels in my head are already spinning, thinking about the many variations that are possible with this dish. But I don't know if anything could improve it.

No comments: