Friday, November 4, 2011

11-4…Sausage resumed…via Pasta Fagioli



The sausage I cooked last night is waiting for me in the fridge. My initial plan was to serve it over spaghetti or linguine, but since I don’t know when Patience will be home I’ll use it in a dish that can sit on the stove for awhile and only get better with time. It will also be a good dish to serve on a gray damp day.

INGREDIENTS:

Italian sausage with casing removed
Olive oil
Garlic
Green onion, chopped
Fresh basil
Cannellini beans
Sun dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped

PROCESS:

Brown the sausage, remove, and drain off the fat. Add a tad of olive oil and cook the garlic and onion with the basil. Return the sausage to the pan and add the beans and sundried tomatoes and simmer until the sausage is cooked and the pasta is done.

Add the pasta to the pan and mix well. Serve with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.

COMMENTS:

The sun dried tomatoes give this dish an added punch. Great comfort food.

No comments: