Tuesday, November 8, 2011

11-8…Lunch for dinner

What to do…didn’t feel like cooking and did not want to go out to dinner. Looked in the fridge about 6 times, and came away uninspired each time. Then it hit me…LUNCH!!! Everything I needed for a gourmet lunch was right there, all I had to do was assemble the parts.



PARTS:

Ciabbata bread (from Kirchhoffs of course)
Asparagus
Chicken-shrimp sauce left over from last night
Salami
Mozzarella cheese
Basil pesto
Tomatoes
Olive oil
Lemon Juice
Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese

ASSEMBLING INSTRUCTIONS:

Nuke the asparagus for about 2 minutes. Place the asparagus on one slice of bread and the chicken-shrimp on the other. Place the remaining parts around the bread and drizzle with olive oil. Then squeeze fresh lemon juice over everything and follow with a dusting of parmigiano reggiano cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.

COMMENTS:

I must confess…dining like this made me totally forget pasta.

No comments: