Friday, May 6, 2011

PASTA QUEST DAY 5

I really wanted to prepare a thick tomato sauce with sausage and chicken today. Unfortunately I had some veggies in the fridge that needed attention, so the sausage will have to wait until the weekend. Tonight it will be:

Fusilli with zucchini, mushrooms, peas, celery, and bacon cooked with white wine and served with ricotta cheese.



INGREDIENTS:

1/2 lb. Fusili
3 pieces bacon, chopped
1 zucchini sliced
mushrooms, chopped
celery, chopped
!/2 onion or 1 shallot
2 medium cloves of garlic
fresh parsley finely chopped
ricotta cheese
Olive oil
juice from 1/2 lemon

Process:

While the pasta is cooking, cook bacon, remove and discard bacon grease. Cook garlic and onions in olive oil until soft then add zucchini, mushrooms, and celery plus salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of white wine. Cook until veggies are done and the wine has reduced. Add the pasta and mix in about 1/3 cup of ricotta, the bacon and the parsley.

Comments:

I gave this a 7. Patience, who did not get home from work until almost 8 PM (and was exhausted) gave it a 6.5 but said "it was good". We both agreed it would have been better if either of us had got up to get some parmesan to add to the dish. The best I can say is that I used up the veggies! I don't think I will do this again...unless I can come up with some changes.

No comments: