Saturday, May 7, 2011

PASTA QUEST DAY 6

5-7-11


Gemelli with ground beef in a light tomato, cream sauce.

INGREDIENTS:

½ lb. Gemelli pasta
½ lb. ground beef
2 medium cloves garlic
onion
celery, chopped
1/3 cup mascarpone cheese, or 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
basil, oregano,
splash of sweet vermouth…optional
2 tablespoons tomato paste
PROCESS:

While the pasta is cooking, brown the beef and remove. Cook garlic, celery, and onions, add the tomato paste and beef and cook for 5 minutes (splash of sweet vermouth if desired) before adding the cheese and/or cream and stir well. Serve with grated cheese of your choice.

COMMENTS;

Patience, being very critical, gave this a 6 while I gave it an 8. I agree with her that I should have browned the beef more than I did. (the first time I served this, about 2 months ago, she gave it a 10…go figure.)

As with all of the pasta dishes I’m describing…the real delight comes in making them your own…adding, subtracting, or just doing things your way. This dish has great potential.

Looking at the photo I can see where it needs some color..perhaps some sliced grape or cherry tomatoes

No comments: