Monday, May 9, 2011

PASTA QUEST DAY...week 2...day 8

In all of the excitement of preparing a dinner for 10 tonight I forgot to get photos of the food...I can't believe it. But I do have the pics to document the results of the evening.







The menu...

appetizers...assorted cheeses and crackers (so original! but easy)

first course...smoked salmon with green beans and rasberries drizzled with olive oil and fresh lemon juice

salad...mixed greens, pistachios, scallions, and olive oil and lemon juice

entre...penne pasta with tomato sauce/sausage and chicken thighs (as reported in yesterdays blog.)

desert...mixed fresh fruit with homemade short cakes and whipped cream.
plus assorted red wines and limoncello.

I'm too tired to write any comments...will only say they the meal was well received and no one embarrassed themselves. Will resume the regular pasta posts tomorrow.

2 comments:

Gus said...

do you make your own Limoncello? Emily brought a recipe home from Naples, and we would be happy to share it!
b

William F. Renzulli said...

Would love to have the recipe. I've never made my own Limoncello. Thanks.