Monday, May 23, 2011

PASTA QUEST DAY...week 4...DAY 18

When I bought the baby spinach this morning I had a specific sauce in mind...and it wasn't this. Some time during the afternoon while doing absolutely nothing in the studio it came to me. I'm sure that somewhere, sometime, someone else has done this, but until I find that out I will enjoy thinking of it as my own.
5-23-11



Scampi-Florentine alla Renzulli

INGREDIENTS:

Angel Hair pasta
Shrimp
Baby spinach
1 tsp. tomato paste
Garlic and green onions
Red pepper flakes
Splash of white wine
Butter
Lemon juice from ½ lemon

PROCESS:

While the pasta cooks, sauté green onions, red pepper flakes, and garlic in olive oil with the tomato paste. Cook until onions and garlic begin to brown, then remove and discard garlic, add the shrimp, white wine, and butter. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add the spinach and lemon juice. Add the pasta and mix. Salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil.

COMMENTS:

OK…here is the new system. Everything is a 10 unless otherwise noted. This was really good, with a unique flavor, and is one of the best we’ve enjoyed so far. Of course, as you have probably noted, we enjoy everything.

I know I’m rather vague in my directions, so if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask me.



As far as wine pairing is concerned....yes

1 comment:

Julio Rodrigues said...

A new Renzulli book with pasta recipes and illustrated with your italian paintings is way overdue. Just my two cents worth...