Saturday, May 14, 2011

PASTA QUEST DAY...week 2...day 13

For most of my life fresh crabs were readily available, and my mother would make the most wonderful pasta with the crabs cooked in the tomato sauce. I can still taste it after all these years. When I saw the tubs of crab meat in our local supermarket (Kroger at Park Ave.) I knew what I had to do. Of course I could not duplicate what I remember...but it was close enough to take me back to my mom and dad and the spaghetti with crabs that we shared.

5-14-11



Angel Hair pasta w crab meat in light tomato sauce.

INGREDIENTS:

Pasta
Claw crabmeat…8 oz tub


Shallots & garlic (pressed)
4-5 finely chopped mint leafs
1/3 cup of heavy cream
Olive oil, salt, pepper. Red pepper flakes
¼ cup of sweet vermouth
14 oz. can dice tomatoes

PROCESS:

While the pasta cooks, sauté shallots, red pepper flakes, and garlic in olive oil. Add the tomatoes and cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to blender; add the mint leaves and puree. Return to skillet and add the crabmeat and cook. Before the pasta is done add cream and stir.
Add the pasta and mix. Salt and pepper to taste.

COMMENTS:

Unfortunately Patience was dealing with an upset stomach and could not partake of this exquisite meal, and it was exquisite. My modesty prevents me from giving this anything higher than a 9.5.

No comments: