Tuesday, May 31, 2011

PASTA QUEST DAY...week 4...DAY 23 PANIC PASTA

This will be my last pasta post for about 2 weeks. I am leaving early tomorrow for a trip home to visit family and friends. I expect I will be eating a lot of pasta, but probably not cooking...and this is OK with me. But I will be back! Maybe with some new ideas.

5-31-11



Angel hair with everything…a.k.a.…panic pasta because I discovered I was out of garlic and could not serve the Aglio Olio Crude I was planning to do. But, being the tiger that I am in the kitchen...I quickly stopped crying and got to work looking for an alternative, and here it is...in all its splendor.

INGREDIENTS:

Pasta
From the herb garden_basil, oregano, parsley.
From the CSA folks…green onion, grape tomatoes
From the pantry…Kalamata olives, finely chopped, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, and olive oil.
From the frig…Asiago cheese and Fennel fronds

PROCESS:

Halve the tomatoes and place in bowl. Add the chopped herbs and onion, plus olive oil and a few splashes of red wine. Chop the Kalamata olives and add, along with salt and pepper.

Place the cooked pasta in a serving dish and mix in the “sauce”. Drizzle w olive oil and grate some Asiago cheese on the top.

COMMENTS:

What can I say…neither of us missed the garlic! This recipe is a keeper.

No comments: