Friday, May 20, 2011

PASTA QUEST DAY...week 3...DAY 16

Tonight we enjoyed one of the simplest, most basic, elemental pasta dishes possible.
Aglio Olio Crude...pasta with uncooked olive oil, garlic, and parsley. My mother never made this...it was only after she died and my father was cooking that I tasted it for the first time. I was immediately addicted to dish and have not prepared this with the cooked garlic as it is usually served. Thank you dad!

5-20-11



Aglio olio crude.

INGREDIENTS:

Linguine
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
fresh parsley finely chopped
grape tomatoes, halved
Olive Oil, salt and pepper

PROCESS:

Drain the cooked pasta, saving some of the water. Place in serving dish and mix in the garlic, parsley, and tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Add about ¼ cup of the past water.

COMMENTS:

I don’t usually use the tomatoes in this dish but I had some that had to be used or tossed. P gave it a 10…I gave it 8.5 because I didn’t have my favorite olive oil to use. It is usually a 12!!!

No comments: