Friday, February 17, 2012

2-17...Fettuccine florentine

The evening had an unremarkable beginning; I began prepping for dinner while Patience attended a civic/dog related meeting.  It was not very long before she called to say it was a dinner meeting, and I would be on my own.  So, at six o'clock I called Keyth and Elaine to see if they had dinner plans (that is what I love about Lowertown), and to my delight they accepted my invitation to share the pasta dinner I was preparing.  But the real treat was the salmon that Keyth had on the grill; it was a perfect match to the pasta, and the result was a delightful dinner with 2 great people.



INGREDIENTS:

Al Dente spinach fettuccine
Peeled, whole, San Marzano tomatoes
Olive oil
Garlic, onion
Red pepper flakes
Penzy Italian seasoning (Basil, oreganor)
Baby spinach
Sweet vermouth









PROCESS:

Cook the garlic and onion in the olive oil until soft, then add the tomatoes and seasoning plus a splash of wine an simmer.

While the pasta is cooking add the spinach to the pan.  Then add the pasta and mix well.

COMMENTS:

I very comforting dish, made even better with Keyth's salmon as a side.

Love that Al Dente pasta.





No comments: