Thursday, February 9, 2012

2-9...Fettuccine with baby brocolli, shrimp, and artichoke hearts

Patience and I have never been fond of whole wheat pasta until we tried the Al dente brand,  (no...I have no financial interest in the company) so tonight I thought their fettuccine would go well with the dish I had in mind.


INGREDIENTS:

Fettuccine
Baby brocolli
Small shrimp
Artichoke hearts
Celery
Garlic and onion
Olive oil
Fresh lemon juice
Dry white wine
Dry dill, basil, and oregano
Red pepper flakes

PROCESS:

Cook the garlic, onion, and celery in the olive oil along with red pepper flakes.  Then add the artichoke heart, brocolli, and wine and continue cooking over low heat.  Since I used frozen, cooked shrimp I added them about 5 minutes before I anticipated the pasta being done, along with the juice of a half a lemon.

Toss in the cooked pasta, mix well and drizzle with olive oil before serving.  Grated romano or parmigiano cheese  is suggested.

COMMENTS:

I gave this an 8.  It was good, but not special and did not leave me wanting more.  I think I used too many ingredients and should have limited it to the brocolli and shrimp.  Whatever the reason...it needs more work.  The best part of the meal was the pasta.

No comments: