Sunday, February 12, 2012

Anyone who has visited my gallery and studio knows that I tend to hold on to things.  Among the "stuff" in my studio are countless pieces of old clay mono types, prints that never quite made the grade, but for reasons unknown seemed worth keeping.  In the past few months my decision to keep them has been soundly justified; by using them as support for a variety of media I've been able to create some interesting paintings.  Some of the following enhanced clay prints have appeared in previous posts, but I thought it would be fun to show a sampling of the various pieces at one time.


 Purple Sky...oil pastel on cmt...5x3"

 Moon lit Barn...soft pastel on cmt...11x14'

 White barn...soft pastel and oil pastel on cmt...8x8"

Autumn Barn...markers and ink on cmt...5x5"

 On the hill...pastel on cmt...7x5"

These, and others, will be part of my Barns & Farms show at Gallery 5 this spring.

No comments: