Wednesday, March 14, 2012

3-14…FETTUCCINE W CHEESE AND BUTTER AND A BIT OF HEAVEN


OK, so for some folks it’s nothing more than Mac & cheese, but this is unlike any mac & cheese you have ever had.

I was feeling lazy tonight, and considered going out for dinner until I realized I was too lazy to change out of my work clothes, so I came up with one of the simplest pasta dishes I knew.  Now, almost an hour later, I am sitting here patting myself of the back for exercising such good judgement.



INGREDIENTS:

Al Dente Land and sea fettuccine
Mascarpone cheese
Butter
Blue cheese…just a small amount so it doesn’t overpower the rest
Romano cheese, gratted
Fresh parsley
Bacon

PROCESS:

While the pasta is cooking, chop and cook the bacon and set aside to drain.

In a serving bowl add the cheeses and butter.  Add the pasta with small amount of pasta water and mix until all the cheese is melted.  Mix in the parsley and bacon and sit down to an incredible pasta experience.

COMMENTS:

If I were into writing about pairing I would suggest pairing this with a second helping.

No comments: