Tuesday, March 27, 2012

3-27…Pasta with sausage, arugula, and tomato salad

 What to do for dinner?  I have some homemade sausage from Chicago that I have to use, as well as arugula and the usual assortment of tomatoes, fresh and canned.  This is what I decided to do.


INGREDIENTS:
  
Shells and fusilli (I cleaned up the pasta pantry)
Arugula, coarsely chopped
Diced tomatoes with their juice
Olive oil
Garlic and onion
Dry basil and oregano
Celery
Red pepper flakes
Mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes
Italian sausage in ¼” slices


PROCESS:

Place the tomatoes in a bowl and add olive oil, seasoning, finely chopped garlic and onion and mix well and set aside.

Cook or grill the sausage and slice into bite size pieces.  When the pasta is done place in a serving bowl and mix in the arugula, tomatoes and cheese.  The sausage can be added to the pasta or served separately.

COMMENTS:

The dinner tasted as good as it looked.  The only complaint from my lovely wife was there was too much garlic, and I have agree with her.  One small clove of raw garlic would have been sufficient.

No comments: