Sunday, March 18, 2012

3-18...POLENTA with SUNDAY GRAVY


I have to thank my cousin Joan for this dish which her mother-in-law introduced to her.  About a month ago I purchased some imported polenta from Italy and this is the perfect opportunity to try it.



INGREDIENTS:

Polenta
Parmigiano cheese, grated
“Sunday Gravy with sausage – see older posts for recipe

 PROCESS:

Prepare the Polenta per instructions on the box – usually one cup of cornmeal to 3 cups of water.  After incorporating some parmigiano cheese in the polenta I  placed it in a baking dish and topped it with the sauce and grated cheese.  I added some mozzarella for appearances, and baked it uncovered at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes.

COMMENTS:

I don’t know how objective I could be because of the sausage.  I believe I would give cardboard a 9 or 10 if served with sausage.  But…this was good,  A pleasing break from pasta but with the joy of Sunday gravy.

No comments: