Monday, March 5, 2012

Arugula, arugula, arugula...I think I'm in a rut. A good one!

I'm not sure just how I got on this arugula kick, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.



INGREDIENTS:
Al Dente egg and squid ink fettucine.
Arugula, coarsely chopped
Scallions and garlic
Portobello mushrooms
Tomato paste
Red pepper flakes
Pancetta or bacon
Olive oi
Red wine
Dry basil and oregano

PROCESS:
Cook the pancetta, remove and set aside to drain.  In olive oil saute the garlic, scallions, with red pepper flakes and tomato paste.  Add the mushrooms and seasoning plus a splash of wine and cook over low heat.

Mix the cooked pasta in the pan, along with the arugula and pancetta and serve.

COMMENTS:

Every meal is my favorite, and this was no exception.  I think the Al Dente fettucine took this dish from good to great.

No comments: