Wednesday, July 27, 2011

DISAPPOINTMENT

I have entered enough juried shows to know that the possibility of rejection far outweighs that of acceptance, so when the rejection letter arrives my disappointment is mild…a simple shrug of the shoulders while I mutter “what else is new” to myself.

But the time it was different; I was almost certain that the painting would be accepted. In my five previous entries into the Pastel Society of America’s annual show at least one piece has always been accepted. This was my first entry in 5 years and my hopes were high. I love this painting, considering it one of the best of my best paintings, and could not imagine it not being accepted into the show.

Of course it was not accepted; if it had been I would not be writing about it. I think I was surprised as much as I was disappointed. But the rejection has not dented my feelings about the painting…I am still its biggest fan.



On the way to Nashville...pastel...15x39

1 comment:

Asphodel said...

For what it's worth, I am also a fan of this painting!

It's absolutely lovely, it makes me even more anxious for my August Pastel workshop...