Thursday, July 7, 2011

PASTA WITH SUMMER VEGGIES 7-7

Let me say right now that getting this meal posted took nothing less than a Herculean effort on my part. In fact, if I were not a tiger it probably wouldn't have happened. As I stroked this keyboard Swede William was doing his best to mount Simmer as they scrambled all around the island in our kitchen because his hind feet could not get traction on the tile floor. Still I typed on. Eventually Patience and Laurie realized that the amorous couple would have and easier time outside, where they were finally able to do the deed.

I had an idea of what I wanted to do with the zucchini and green beans but wasn’t sure if it would work…I am pleased to say that it did…exceeding my expectations.



INGREDIENTS:

Shell pasta
Green beans
Zucchini, cut length wise into thin strips about 4-5 inches long
Fresh basil, oregano, and parsley
Garlic and onion
Olive oil
Potatoes,cut into small cubes
White wine
Lemon juice

PROCESS:

Toast the potatoes in olive oil and set aside on paper towels to drain.

Boil the green beans for 4-5 minutes, drain, and set aside.

Saute the garlic and onion in olive oil, then add the zucchini plus a splash of white wine, juice from half a lemon, butter, and the fresh herbs. Cook until the zucchini is soft (it may be necessary to cover the pan for several minutes.

About 5 minutes before the pasta is finished add the green beans to the pan and cook over low heat.



Place the pasta in a serving bowl, mix in the veggies, and sprinkle with the potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.

COMMENTS:

This dish was a pleasant surprise and I recommend it without reservations. I was especially delighted with the zucchini. The lemon added a great touch.

No comments: