Saturday, July 16, 2011

LINGUINE IN CLAM SAUCE…7-16

My original plans called for hand picked crab meat, which I thought I had on hand. To my dismay I was mistaken, and add the last minute I had to subsitute a can of whole baby clams. This was after I had invited Elaine and Keyth for pasta in crab sauce. They were troopers, and the clams worked out quite well.



INGREDIENTS:

Chopped clams
Anchovy fillets…finely chopped
Tomato paste
Garlic, shallots
Fresh thyme, oregano, and parsley, chopped
Olive oil
Lemon zest
White wine
Linguine

PROCESS:

Saute the garlic and shallots,3 anchovy fillets, and about 1-2 teaspoons of tomato paste in the olive oil. Add the clams with their juice, lemon zest and juice, and a splash of white wine. along with the chopped herbs.

Place the cooked linguine in a serving bowel, add the sauce and mix well. Drizzle with olive oil and add additional pasta water if needed.

COMMENTS:

Elaine gave this a ten! I cooked one pound of pasta for the 4 of us and there were NO leftovers. I consider this a success!

No comments: