Sunday, July 10, 2011

PASTA ALLA PEDRO 7-10





Tonight I cooked for my friend Harvey, a.k.a. Pedro. Although it is Sunday it was too hot to have a pot of gravy simmering on the stove for 2-3 hours, so the next best option was a cool summer pasta, and I found all that I needed in the fridge to make it happen.

INGREDIENTS:

Shell pasta
Grape tomatoes, cut into halves and quarters
Celery
Fresh basil and Oregano coarsely chopped
Mozzarella
Garlic and onion
Sausage bits
Cucumber, peeled and diced
Olive oil
Fresh lemon juice
Parmesan cheese

PROCESS:

Prepare all the ingredients and place in bowl, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice mix well, and allow to sit for about 30 minutes.



When the pasta is done place in serving dish and mix in the “sauce”. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.

COMMENTS:

We all agreed that this was something special. It was light, flavorful, and a perfect dish for a warm summer evening. A glass of cool Pino Grigio made it even better.

But…best of all…was the company of my lovely wife and my dear friend.

No comments: