Thursday, February 28, 2008

NEW WORK

I thought it would be a good time to leave the past and look at "whats happinin now". I recently completed this new watercolor where I resorted to liquid acrylics to get the fall foliage in front of the darkened facade of the building. This is from an old photo of the Logon Square area in Philadelphia. In retrospect I would use less red in the sky.


Logan Circle wc on 300 lb arches 10x16

The second piece is acrylic over an older painting on a panel. I wanted to focus attention on the interface between the sky and the foreground but I don't think I succeeded. I'm keeping it on the easel for some more viewing time while I considere going back in and working on that interface with a lighter, warmer color.


untitled acrylic on panel 12x18

The last is a recent watercolor of a skyline of sorts of downtown Paducah. To actually see this view one has to stand at 6 places simultaneously. I did a similar painting in pastel several years ago; it was fun to do it again.


Paducah Skyline wc on arches 300 lb 8x35
The confluence of the Ohio and Tennessee rivers is one block to the Left.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

wow! Your stuff is awesome. I'm sure you know that...but wow :) love it!

-ashley at First Impressions

timerulesmylife said...

LOVE THE SECOND ONE!! It is HOT HOT HOT!